Pechin's Taco Meat

I really love tacos!  I really, really love tacos with beef!  This is how I make my taco meat!
Ingredients:
1-2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 Can Rotel Tomatoes and Chilis (I use original or mild. Feel free to get the spicier versions if you like things spicey!)
1 Medium to Large Chopped Onion
Taco Seasoning:
1-2 packages Low Sodium Taco Seasoning (You don't need sodium AT ALL in taco seasoning!  So, it baffles me that they have too make a Low Sodium Version!)
OR
1-2 Tbl. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Fajita Seasoning
1-2 tsp. Cumin
1-2 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
Notice how's there's NO SALT listed in the ingredients!
A lot of the seasonings I use to taste! I taste a lot as I go to see if I like it!
Taco Meat
Brown the meat and the chopped onion together.  When the meat is completely cooked and the onion is translucent, drain the grease off of the meat.  Then, add in the can of Rotel.  Do not drain it! At this point, add the package(s) of taco seasoning, OR start adding the spices to make the taco seasoning.  I just dump them all on top.  Then, I start stirring it together.  After it's mixed all together, I taste it.  I'll usually add more chili powder and cumin at this point if it isn't the flavor I want. Let this simmer on the stove while stirring occasionally for about ten minutes. 
Then, eat it!  I love taco meat.  I use it for burritos, tacos, taco salads, and nachos! I personally love adding the can of Rotel.  I think Rotel adds a lot to so many dishes!  It's probably my favorite thing that I always have stocked in my pantry!  I also love to have the onion with the other ingredients.  
If you're making your taco meat with store bought seasoning and a pound of hamburger, I definitely recommend trying it my way, or even some other way!

Comments

Popular Posts