Pechin's Pizza Pockets

Ian asked me on a previous blog about making Pizza Pockets.  I thought I would give it a try today.  They came out OK!
Ingredients:
1 Can Home Style Biscuits
1-2 Cups Sauce (I used a jar sauce for this one.)
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
1 Package Sliced Pepperoni
Spray Olive Oil
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
*Preheat the oven to the temperature recommended on the can of biscuits. 
 Biscuits
I opened the can of biscuits.  I started by flattening out one biscuit.  
Biscuit with Toppings
I put on about a tsp of tomato sauce.  I put on three pepperoni, and then, about a Tbl. of shredded Mozzarella. Then, I flattened out another biscuit and put it on top.  After that, I pressed the sides with a fork. 
The Edges Pressed with a Fork
After I got them all together, I placed the pizza pockets on the pizza stone that I had spritzed with olive oil. I spritzed the top of the pockets with olive oil, and then, shook on a little bit on garlic powder on their tops.  When that was done, I stuck them in the oven. 

Pockets in the Oven
I cooked them for about ten to eleven minutes.  Then, I took them out and let them set on the stone for a couple more minutes.  Pizza stones are known to stay quite hot even after being taken from the oven.  
The Finished Pizza Pockets

One Pizza Pocket
Pizza Pocket as a Side with Spaghetti
My pizza pockets turned out pretty good!  They are good by themselves, and they also work as a side.  I served them up with Spaghetti.

Comments

Popular Posts