Enchilada Casserole

Do you like enchiladas but think making them is way too hard?  I do!  So, my sister taught me this super easy way to cheat and not have them be so much work.  Thanks, Hope!
Ingredients:
1 Large Can/Jar of Red Enchilada Sauce
1 lb. of Chicken Cooked or Ground Beef Cooked
1 Package of Fajita Seasoning for Chicken or Taco Seasoning for Beef
1 Package or Tortillas
1 Can of Green Chiles
1 Package of Shredded Taco or Cheddar Cheese
*Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
 Chicken Enchilada Top View
Chicken Enchilada Side View
First I add the fajita seasoning to the chicken in a skillet while warming. I've substituted taco meat before for this.  Once the chicken is ready, I start layering.  First Layer: Chicken, Second Layer: a little bit of the Green Chiles, Third Layer: Enchilada Sauce, Fourth Layer: Tortilla, Fifth Layer: Shredded Cheese.  Repeat all of these layers until the ingredients are gone or until you've reached the top of the bowl.  You may leave a little room at the top, because it's possible it can bubble over, or you can bake it on a cookie sheet to make sure it doesn't spill on the bottom of the oven. I usually make cheese the top layer. 
Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until it is thoroughly hot through the dish. 
I really love this dish with chips, sour cream, and fresh Salsa (I cheat and use Trader Joe's Party Salsa) or fresh Pico de Gallo.  I do make the pico fresh! 
This is a really tasty Mexican Dish that's different from tacos!

Comments

Popular Posts