Pizza Burgers

Last week, I bought 5lbs of ground beef. I decided to freeze it in 4 parts. Last night, I decided to make Pizza Burgers with the meat. I decided to make these Keto friendly, even though I added ravioli as my side to go with them. These are super easy to make!

Ingredients:
1lb Ground Beef (I used about a pound and a quarter.)
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Mozzarella
1 tsp Basil
1 Tbl Dried Onion
2 Tbl Italian Seasoning
2 Eggs
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
Shredded Mozzarella for Garnish

In a large mixing bowl, put the ground beef, almond flour, 1/2 cup of cheese, seasonings, and eggs. Use your hands to mix them together. Here's a video of me doing this.
Don't over mix. Let the meat mixture rest for a few minutes. While doing this, heat a skillet on medium heat.
Form into patties, I did 3 inch sliders, about a half inch to one inch thick. Place into the skillet hot skillet. 
Cover the skillet. If you don't have a lid that fits the skillet, use a metal pizza pan! I set a timer for 5 minutes at this point. Keep an eye on the burgers and make sure they aren't burning.
When the timer goes off, flip the burgers over. Make sure the have that nice brown burger crust. After they are flipped, put the lid or pizza pan back on and let them cook for 4-5 more minutes. Using the lid makes sure the burgers are cooked through. This is especially important when using the eggs and the flour.
After they are done, place on a plate lined with paper towel to collect the grease. As you can see from the picture, my second batch was a little smaller, and I cooked them a little too long.
Plate with your sauce and cheese. After I put the sauce and cheese on the, I zapped them in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds to warm the sauce and melt the cheese. 
To make this more Keto friendly, you could use Zoodles as a side or riced cauliflower. I happened to have cheese ravioli in my freezer, so, that is what I served with it. This meal is an easy week night meal. It's also delicious.






Comments

  1. The Smoothie King is an American Smoothie Company and was founded back in 1973. And has been serving the passion of its customers and health ever since. Steve Kuhnau founded a smoothie King in the United States. Still, later in 2010, the owner of smoothie king menu with prices was taken over by Wan Kim, who has continued Smoothie King’s legacy after him and continued to do so, a healthy alternative for passionate people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts