Delux Pizza with Whole Grain Crust

I made a pizza one Sunday that was a Deluxe with whole grain crust.  The crust was Pillsbury's new Artisan Pizza Crust.
A funny thing happened.  When I started this pizza, I got the sausage browned and the dough started and out of the oven.  I even got the ingredients on the pizza.  Then, some unexpected guests knocked on my door! I let them in, not realizing, we were in a time crunch and heading somewhere shortly. By the time I got them out the door, I stuck the pizza in the oven to finish baking, and then, basically, turned around and stuck it in the fridge.  It did not get eaten until days later!  So, I'll have to try this pizza again at a time that I know I'm going to be able to eat it!

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Sausage Browned, Drained
1 Package Pepperoni
1 Artisan Pillsbury Pizza Crust
2 lb bag of Mozzarella/Pizza Cheese
1 Jar Pasta Sauce (I didn't use the whole jar.)
1 Can Mushrooms
1 Sliced Onion
2 Tbs Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust
I started by using the olive oil and garlic cloves and doing the Crust Trick.  I rolled the Pillsbury crust on to the stone.  Then, I stick the crust in the oven for about seven minutes.

Browned Sausage
While the crust was starting, I browned and drained the grease off of the sausage.
After the crust had cooked a bit, I took it out and started adding on the layers of toppings.  First, I put on the pasta sauce.  Then, I started adding the pepperoni, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, and sausage. 
Toppings before Cheese
Then, I put the cheese on.  We like a lot of cheese, so, I used almost the whole bag!
A Lot of Cheese
 Done Pizza
I cooked the pizza for about 8-10 more minutes.  Then, I took it out and went to a party!  When we did eat the pizza, I took it out of the fridge and cooked it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.  
This combination of ingredients turned out really good!  I just wish it wasn't almost a week old by the time we got to eating it. 

Comments

Popular Posts