Seasons 52: A Restaurant on the Healthier Side

Have you ever heard of a restaurant that's focus is serving items that are all around 460 calories?  No?  Well, this is the focus of Seasons 52, a restaurant that recently opened at Keystone at the Crossing.
https://www.seasons52.com/
Seasons 52 has a seasonal menu that changes four times a year.  The web site says, "A fresh dining experience that celebrates living well!" The establishment was pretty busy for the fact that we were going early on on a Saturday evening. I had gone in with my coworkers after our choral clinic.
I know I'm a bit cheap, but the main dishes seemed a bit on the expensive side for me.  They run from fifteen dollars to almost thirty.  The thirty dollar item being the steak.  A lot of the menu is sea food, which I am not  a fan off, unless it's batter dipped and fried.  As you can tell from their matter, this place did not carry anything batter dipped and fried!
Instead of a main course, I opted for a cup of chili, a Flatbread pizza, and a side of tomatoes with artichoke tapenade on them.  At the end, I also got a small dessert.  All of the desserts are small at Seasons 52!
 
I started my dinner out with a cup of chili.  This chili came with a tiny, and I mean tiny dot of sour cream with Cilantro in it.  The chili was pretty good.  The only thing for me is, it reminded me of Campbel's Chunky Soup.  The pieces of beef in the chili were tiny chunks of steak.  Usually, I think of chili having ground beef in it.  This one was different in that sense.  It didn't really have a lot of chunky vegetables in it, but it did have small black beans.  The next time I go to Seasons 52, I'll will probably skip the chili, not because I thought it was bad, but because it was completely different than what I expect in a chili. (I didn't get a picture of the chili.  Sorry! Price $5.50)
Artichoke and Goat Cheese with Leaf Spinach, Balsamic Onions, and Roasted Peppers
I don't know why this picture turned out so tiny!
For my main course, I ordered a Artichoke and Goat Cheese Flatbread with Leaf Spinach, Balsamic Onions, and Roasted Peppers.   It was really good!  How they get that crust so flat, crisp, and light, I couldn't tell you.  The vegetables on it were very fresh and had an awesome taste!  I would recommend getting a flat bread to anyone whole is going to eat at Seasons 52!  (Price under $10)
Tomatoes with the Artichoke Tapinade and Balsamic Glaze
For my side, I got the Tomatoes with Artichoke Tapinade and a Balsamic Glaze.  These were awesome!  The Artichoke Tapinade had a little bit of cheese in it, maybe Parmesan, that was melted on top of the tomato.  The balsamic glaze give it an amazing taste but wasn't over powering. This side dish was on their seasonal menu. (Price under $5.)
Pecan Pie with Vanilla Mouse Dessert Shot
The dessert menu you at Seasons 52 is almost an event!  The server brought over a carrier with about ten different dessert shots in it.  She held a flashlight over every shot and described it! (You can tell how dark the restaurant is by the pictures.)  It had flavors like; red velvet cake, blueberry cheesecake, fruit with whipped cream, and chocolate moose.  I chose the Pecan Pie with Vanilla Mouse in the bottom.  This was really tasty!  For those of you that only want a couple bites of a dessert after your meal, this is perfect!  I know a few other restaurants carry these, like Applebees, but I don't usually get them when I go there. I have a fondness of Pecan Pie and of things like Creme Brulee. In fact, if I see a menu with Creme Brulee on it, I already know I'm going to order dessert before I even decide what my main dish will be!  This little dessert packed a good sweet punch!  (These were not on the menu, so, I have no clue how much they cost. I'm guessing between $5-$6.)
If you are interested in a sophisticated atmosphere with a good menu and an extravagant *wine list, Seasons 52 is the place to go!  I would give the place 3 and a quarter pizza pies out of 4!  The only thing that was a little off for me is the price range.  My total meal was close to $30, and I didn't even order a main dish.  That's a little much in my mind.  Most people wouldn't even bat an eye at the prices on this menu.  My co-worker said, she refused to order a glass of wine,  because the
*Drinking is not my thing, but if it's yours, they have a full bar and a huge wine list!




Comments

Popular Posts