Reuben Pizza: Made at Home

My boyfriend and I love Reubens!  So, I started thinking, what would be better? A Reuben pizza!

Here's what I used:
1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust
1/2-1 Package of Deli Sliced Roast Beef Sliced into Strips
Thousand Island Dressing
Sauerkraut
1/2-1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
4-5 Slices Swiss Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella

 Reuben Pizza
First, I laid the Pillsbury crust on the stoneware and baked it for about 7 minutes. Then, I took it out and started adding toppings.
I put on the Thousand Island Dressing. I added about a cup or more. You can do this to taste. I prefer a saucier pizza.  On top of that, I put on the sliced roast beef and the Sauerkraut. Then, I added the cheese. You can add as much cheese as you like.  I used about four or five slices of Swiss cheese torn up, about a cup of Mozzarella, and about a half of cup of Parmesan. After I added all of the ingredients, I baked for about ten more minutes. I watched to seen when I thought the crust looked done and the cheese looked melted before I took it out. 
This turned out really well!  Next time, I may add more sauce/dressing or put more dressing on the side for dipping.  I would also love to make a wheat crust, but for now, the Pillsbury Crust is working out. This is an experiment worth trying if you like Reubens!

Comments

Popular Posts