Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chili: My Favorite Food!

I make chili all of the time! My recipe is really simple and tasty!  When I get in a mood for spicy foods, this is one of my go to meals.
1-2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 Can Rotel Chiles and Tomatoes
1 Can Red Gold Chili ready Tomatoes with Onions
1-2 Cans of Tomato Soup
1 Can Chili Ready Beans or 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
1-5 Tbs of Chili Powder
1-3 Tbs of Cumin
1-2 Tbs of Ancho Chili Powder
1-2 Pinches of Salt (I usually skip this.)
1 Tbs Ground Black Pepper
* A lot of the seasoning is to taste, and I substitute a lot of different things if I'm out of something else.
Chili, it's what's for dinner!

I brown the ground beef with the with the onion. Then, I drain the grease a little bit.  I then, just start adding the cans of ingredients; Rotel, Red Gold Tomatoes, and the can of soup.  Sometimes, I add an extra can of tomatoes or Tomato Soup. Then, I add in the seasonings.  This is all to taste! How spicy do I feel today?  I usually just start pouring the ingredients in. I don't measure anything.  I usually don't add salt, because salt is not good for the body.  Plus, a lot of the canned foods already have salt in them.  I taste a lot while cooking! After I get everything in the pan going, I bring it to a simmer.  I let this simmer for about ten to fifteen minutes to get the flavors going.  Then, it's ready.
I either put out tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream, or I can go the completely opposite direction and put out spaghetti, chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, and chili sauce.  Then, it's like a Chili Five Way from Steak 'n Shake.   
What do you like with your chili?


No comments:

Post a Comment