Chili: My Favorite Food!

I make chili all of the time! My recipe is really simple and tasty!  When I get in a mood for spicy foods, this is one of my go to meals.
1-2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 Can Rotel Chiles and Tomatoes
1 Can Red Gold Chili ready Tomatoes with Onions
1-2 Cans of Tomato Soup
1 Can Chili Ready Beans or 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
1-5 Tbs of Chili Powder
1-3 Tbs of Cumin
1-2 Tbs of Ancho Chili Powder
1-2 Pinches of Salt (I usually skip this.)
1 Tbs Ground Black Pepper
* A lot of the seasoning is to taste, and I substitute a lot of different things if I'm out of something else.
Chili, it's what's for dinner!

I brown the ground beef with the with the onion. Then, I drain the grease a little bit.  I then, just start adding the cans of ingredients; Rotel, Red Gold Tomatoes, and the can of soup.  Sometimes, I add an extra can of tomatoes or Tomato Soup. Then, I add in the seasonings.  This is all to taste! How spicy do I feel today?  I usually just start pouring the ingredients in. I don't measure anything.  I usually don't add salt, because salt is not good for the body.  Plus, a lot of the canned foods already have salt in them.  I taste a lot while cooking! After I get everything in the pan going, I bring it to a simmer.  I let this simmer for about ten to fifteen minutes to get the flavors going.  Then, it's ready.
I either put out tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream, or I can go the completely opposite direction and put out spaghetti, chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, and chili sauce.  Then, it's like a Chili Five Way from Steak 'n Shake.   
What do you like with your chili?


Comments

  1. I've started using some tomato juice too. It comes out not quite as sweet as with soup only.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts