Soup for Dinner?

Ian and I often joke about soup for dinner because of this Youtube Video from Mr. Arturo Trejo.
In our family, Ian is ALWAYS O.K. with canned soup for dinner, but I on the other hand, prefer home made. I've been on a canned soup kick lately, and here's something we had for dinner this week. It's SOUPER easy! (See what I did there?!?!)

Ingredients:
1 Can Bean with Bacon (I prefer Campbell's.)
1/2 Bag Baby Carrots (You can choose which cooked veggie you want to add!)
2 Tbl Butter
Seasonings- Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Tastefully Simple Rustic Herb, Anything you like. 
1 Large Cooked Chicken Breast (I used leftovers from My Instant Pot Chicken Recipe.)
Shredded Cheese (I used Sharp Cheddar.) 
I added a cheddar biscuit on the side. Feel free to add a bread or crackers.

Doctored Up Soup
Put the carrots in a covered microwave safe dish. Add butter and preferred seasonings. Cook for 8-10 minutes until soft or fork tender. 
Cook the soup according to can instructions on the stove. 
Shred up the precooked chicken. 
In a bowl, add chicken, carrots, and soup. Add shredded cheese to taste. 
I added our left over cheddar biscuits to ours! It was delish! 

Tell me if you like this or have ever done this! 
What are your family's easiest quick fix meals that you love?  



Comments

Popular Posts