Fathead Pizza Dough for the Carb Counters!

I've been counting carbs since February. In that process, I've lost close to 20lbs! I was really strict about it for almost 3 months, but then, I went to Disney, worked out of town for a couple weeks, went to Dallas, and then, went to Disney again. The fact that I have kept the weight off has been a miracle in itself! I have been trying different ways to eat pizza, because we all know that pizza and tacos are my two biggest down falls! Fathead Pizza Dough recipes have been floating around the internet and Pinterest for a while now. This is the way I made it for dinner last night.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Mozerella
2 Tbls Onion and Chive Cream Cheese
3/4 Almond Flower
1 Egg (Large)
Italian Seasoning and Garlic Seasoning
Cooking Spray
Pasta Sauce
1-3 Cups Mozzarella for Topping- Depends how much you love cheese!
Pizza Toppings!
*Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees
Prep time: 5-15 Minutes- Depends on your numbers of toppings.
First, stick the Mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave save bowl and zap for a minute.  Take out and stir. Then, stick in for 30-60 more seconds and make sure it is completely melted. Remove from microwave and stir again.
Next, add your almond flour and egg. Stir until incorporated. This will look like a dough.
Because I used the Onion and Chive Cream Cheese, I did not add any extra seasonings to this mixture in the bowl. If you want to, you can.

Pressed on Oiled Pizza Pan
Next, on an oiled pizza pan, put the dough. I used sprayed canola oil on my hands to spread. I've also been told, you can use water on your hands, and it won't stick. I did not try this theory.
Shake the garlic and Italian seasonings onto the dough to taste. (I like a lot!) Poke multiple times with a fork to help prevent air bubbles. Place in the oven.
Cook for 8 minutes, and then, check on it. If it looks pretty brown or close to done, take it out. If not, cook 2-4 more minutes. I probably could have taken this out at the 8 minute mark with no issue, but I left it in for 10 minutes.
At this point, you can start adding your toppings! 



I added pasta sauce, Roma tomato, sliced onion, drained canned mushrooms, and cooked bacon pieces. Feel free to be CREATIVE with your pizza!!! After that, I put the cheese on top.
After toppings are added, place the pizza back in your oven. Cook 10-12 more minutes, or until the cheese is all melty. 
Pizza's done!!! 
After it is done, slice the pizza and serve! Some people cut in squares, some people do the triangle look. 
This turned out so delicious, I ate 3 pieces!!! The edges did a little dark. I could have taken it out in the initial cook time at 8 minutes instead of 10, but I don't mind things a little well done, especially when they involve cheese. This definitely fulfills my pizza craving in a low carb option! There are options for making the toppings even lower carb, but I will have to do some experimenting with those.
I realized that I'm a little weird, because not everyone put the cheese on top of the toppings. They put the toppings on top of the cheese. Which way do you top your pizza? 


Comments

Popular Posts