Three Bean Salad, or as Many Beans as You Want!

Have you ever eaten Three Bean Salad?  Have you ever realized, it probably has more than three types of beans in it? When I make a Three Bean Salad, I usually put in at least four kinds of beans, or it just doesn't seem complete! 

Ingredients:
1 Can Green Beans
1 Can Wax Beans
1 Can Red/Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1/2 Chopped Small Onion
1/2-3/4 Cup White Vinegar
1-2 Tbs Sweetner
2-3 Tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Ground Mustard Seed
1/2 tsp Celery Seed
1/2 Cup Water 
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Rinse and drain all of the beans to start.  I usually just dump all of mine in a colander, in the sink to start.  Then, I put all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
 Three Bean Ingredients
Then, I mix everything together.  I put everything in the fridge.  I usually taste it after about an hour to make sure I like the flavor. Most of the time, I end up adding extra sweetener to it.
There's a lot of tasting that goes on in this process. 
Mixed Three Bean Salad
This turns into a great healthy salad to take to events like family reunions and potlucks.  My family really loves this dish!  Three bean salad is essentially a "dump" recipe.  Aside from chopping the onion, you essentially "dump" all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix!  It's that easy!

Comments

Popular Posts