Harry & Izzy's North in Indianapolis

I really like Harry & Izzy's.  There's only one problem: it's out of my price range! Once a year, usually in January, the downtown location joins the Devour Downtown promotion.  That's when a restaurant has a set menu for a set price, that is usually cheaper than eating at that restaurant normally.  We missed Devour Downtown this year, and I was a bit sad!  But then, we heard a commercial for the North Side Nights promotion!  We realized that Harry and Izzy's on the north side was included, and decided right then, we were going to go!
Harry and Izzy's North Side Nights menu was $35 a person.  It's still a pretty steep price, but I feel it was well worth it.  I have no idea what the meal would have cost without the special, but I just looked at the menu and tried to add it up quickly.  It would have been around $100!
Garlic Rolls
We started out with the Garlic rolls.  This have a really great garlic butter flavor.  I great starter to a meal. 
World Famous St. Elmo's Shrimp Cocktail
You could choose a cup of soup or the World Famous St. Elmo's for the appetizer.  We both chose the shrimp cocktail.  It was a single serving of three shrimp in a cocktail sauce that will definitely clear the sinuses! This is worth the try though. Every one should get this dish at least once to see what the rest of the world is talking about!  I really like it!  (Even though, I had tears in my eyes from the burning of the horse radish!) 
12 oz New York Strip
Ian ordered the 12 oz New York strip steak for his dinner. It came with Green beans that had red peppers and onion mixed in them, and mash potatoes. Ian really enjoyed his dinner.  The steak was cooked perfectly medium.  He took his time enjoying his meal. 
6 oz Filet Minion 
I ordered the filet minion for my meal. It also came with the green beans and mash potatoes.  I asked for my steak medium.  I probably should have gone for a medium well. I have to remember that for the next time I go.  It was a little more bloody than I thought it would be.  That didn't stop me from devouring the entire steak!  The steak had a great flavor.  The green beans were a bit crunchy, but still good.  The mash potatoes were creamy. 
Ian and Cheese Cake with Raspberry Sauce
For Ian's dessert course, he got the cheese cake with raspberry sauce on it.  He like it! It was on the "just ok" side of cheese cake, but he still enjoyed it.  (We are a little spoiled with my sister being a professional baker, and cheese cakes being one of her specialties!)
Me and My Creme Brulee
If I ever have the choice of creme brulee, that's what I'm going to choose! It's one of my absolute favorite desserts, and I have seemed to have mastered making it at home yet! The Harry and Izzy's creme brulee does not disappoint! The creme brulee had the great sugary crust on top and a fresh strawberry. The creme was so creamy! The strawberry was very sweet. I will get this again!
I really enjoy eating at Harry and Izzy's!  It's owned by the same people that own St. Elmo's Steak House.  I have not been there yet.  It's on my list of places to go! 
I will definitely be waiting to eat at Harry and Izzy's when Devour Downtown or North Side Nights are happening.  Those specials definitely help cut the cost.  I give Harry and Izzy's three and a half pizza pies.  It's awesome food puts it up there.  I don't know if the atmosphere at the north side location is worth the price.  The downtown location has a quieter atmosphere.  The north side location feels like going to any other casual dining restaurant, except the servers are dressed nicer.  We went on a Saturday during a special, so, that might be way it was extremely busy while were were there.  People also had very young children in the room that we were sitting in.  Not that I have anything against children, but listening to a child cry while we were supposedly on a romantic date, isn't quite so romantic! (We did make reservations for two ahead of time.)  There were two different tables with very young children in the room we sat in.  I guess if we're going for romantic, we'll stick with the Melting Pot, where if you tell them you're on a date, they will probably give you a private room.



  

Comments

Popular Posts