Fathead Pizza Pockets

I've been doing what I call "Lazy Keto" lately. Though I love the results, I have had a hard time sticking with it, because I've been bored with my food choices. This has lead to some experimenting with foods that are on the diet.
This recipe is mostly Keto friendly. This weekend, I decided to try to make Pizza Pockets using Fathead Pizza Dough.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour or Meal
4 tbl Cream Cheese
2 Eggs
1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
2 Tbl Basil
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
1 Cup Browned Ground Beef with Chopped Onion and Garlic
1 Cup Marinara Sauce
Cooking Spray
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain off the grease. I used a pound of ground beef, two small onions chopped, and two table spoons of minced garlic. We will only use a portion of this. I saved the rest and used it for another recipe.
While the ground beef is cooking, put the cream cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella, and a half cup to 3/4 cup of the Parmesan in a bowl. Add the table spoon of Italian seasoning. Melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mixture. Melt for 30 more seconds.
Put the mixture in the mixer if you don't want to mix by hand. If not, leave in the bowl. Add the almond meal or flour and 2 eggs. Mix until well combined.
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Spray hands with cooking spray. Take the dough, and start flattening on the cookie sheet. I had to spray my hands multiple times with cooking spray to make the dough not stick to them.
After flattening out the dough, start adding filling. Try to stay minimal, or the pockets won't close. I ALWAYS learn this the hard way! Add about a table spoon of marinara.
Then, add a table spoon of the ground beef mixture and a bit of the shredded Parmesan.
Try to close the pockets. If there is any dough left, add that to help close the pockets. Sprinkle basil on top of the pockets.
Place them in the oven.

They will need to bake around 40-45 minutes. I set a timer for 30 minutes, and checked at that point. I added ten more minutes, and checked on them again. I left them in for 5 more minutes. Cook until the dough is thoroughly baked. You can see that the edges were starting to blacken. But when I took them off of the pan, the bottoms where done to perfection!
I let them rest for 5 minutes on the pan. Then, I served them with Marinara Soup.
These turned out pretty tasty. It helped me with the craving of wanting something like a pizza roll but with less carbs. I really enjoyed the breadiness. (Yes, I made that word up!) of the dough. I used Almond Meal instead of flour, which gives the dough a slightly hardier texture. 
Is there a food you miss while eating Keto?








Comments

Popular Posts