Keto Cream Soup Base

I've been doing the Ketogenics diet! I have been missing a few things, and one of the big ones was cream based soups! I started experimenting and made up my own recipe.

Broccoli, Chicken, Onion, and Shredded Cheese
Basic Ingredients:
1 Brick Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Kerry Gold Butter
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Box Chicken Stock (32oz)

Extra Ingredients for Flavor: 
1 Tbl Tastefully Simple Artichoke Spinach Seasoning
1 Packet Ranch Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste: Be careful! The cream cheese is already pretty salty. I would taste before adding more.
Marinated Artichokes, Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Ground Beef, Onion, Cheese, Mushrooms, shredded cheese and crumbled bacon for garnish, anything you feel like adding to it!

First, put the broth and butter in a sauce pan, and heat until almost boiling. Then, cut the cream cheese into cubes and put those in. After the cream cheese starts warming up and melting, add the sour cream. I add my seasonings in at this point. Whisk everything together until it's all melted and combined. Then, put in your favorite meats and veggies. I've made this twice this week. Once with chicken and broccoli. Once with artichokes. It's been delicious!!!
It doesn't get quite as thick as a soup with added flour, but it does thicken a little as you let it simmer. This soup base has been a great addition to my keto plan!

Comments

Popular Posts