TASTY Cream Corn Chowder!


I am always in search of the perfect Corn Chowder recipe! I have loved Corn Chowder for a long time. After we went to Boma in Disney World, I have been on a quest to make something that is even close to that recipe.
This is one that I made up!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb- Ground Beef Browned
1 Chopped -Yellow Onion Cooked with the Ground Beef
2 Cups - Vegetable Broth
4 - Small Russet Potatoes Peeled and chopped into bite size pieces.
2 - 15.25oz Cans of Yellow Sweet Corn, drained
7oz -Sweetened Condensed Milk (or about a half of a 14oz can)
1 Cup- Sour Cream
1 Tbl Spoon Butter
Salt- To taste
Pepper- A Lot *or to taste.
Pepper Garlic- about a half table spoon.
Onion Powder- about a t-spoon.
Bacon- Chopped for Garnish
Shredded Cheese- For Garnish
Takes about 45 minutes to an hour to make. 

Makes 6-8 servings, depending on how heavy handed you are with the soup ladle.

I used a Pamper Chef Rock Crock. It can go from microwave, to stove, to oven without having to change dishes.
I put the potatoes and veggie broth into the microwave in the Rock Crock with the lid on it. I cooked them about 12 minutes, or until fork tender. I checked them around the half way point and stirred them.
When those were cooked, I moved them to the stove, and put them on medium heat. I added the ground beef with onion, the seasonings, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and butter.
I brought this up to a boil, and then, took it down to a simmer. I let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or while I cooked the bacon in the Deep Ridge Baker (from Pampered Chef) in the microwave. It takes about 6 minutes per round of bacon. I did three rounds. That makes the simmering time around 20 minutes.
I dished the chowder into bowls and added the cheese and bacon.
It was SO DELICIOUS!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts