Comfort Food: Green Beans and Sausage for the Crockpot

Ingredients
3 14.5oz Cans Green Beans (Whole Cut, not french.)
2 Medium Onions
2 14oz. Packages Kielbasa Sausage
6-8 Yellow Potatoes Washed and Sliced
2 Tbl. Worcestershire Sauce (Or more to taste)
1 Cup White Vinegar (approx.)
2 Tbl. Olive Oil
1 Tbl. Garlic Powder
Cracked Pepper to Taste, I didn't use any salt. You can add that if you need. We are a salt free/low salt family. With the Worcestershire sauce and vinegar, salt is not really needed.
Prep Time: approx. 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours on High in the Crockpot


Potatoes on the Bottom
To start this recipe, there's a lot of chopping, but the end result is worth it! First, put the olive oil and vinegar in the bottom of the crockpot. After that, cut the washed potatoes into small pieces. They'll cook faster that way. *I did have one bakers potato left from another recipe. I peeled it, cut it, and threw it on top. That's why there are white potatoes on top of the yellow.
Onion Layer
Then, put the onions, coarsely chopped, in a layer on top of the potatoes. 
Green Bean Layer
Now, drain off the water of 2 of the cans of green beans. Keep one with the water in it. Pour them on top of the onion layer. 
Kielbasa/Smoked Sausage
 Cut the Kielbasa into small pieces. 

Kielbasa Layer
Put the kielbasa layer on top, and then, put the garlic, cracked pepper, and Worcestershire on top.
 
I almost had this too full for my crockpot. I put a soup pan upside down on the lid to make sure it stayed shut. You can always to less or more to fit in your crock pot. 
I let this cook for almost 4 hours, but the potatoes were still a little hard, so, I gave it more time. I also stirred this around the 2 hour mark. Cook until your potatoes are fork tender. 
Green Beans and Sausage
This is what the finished Green Beans and Sausage dish looks like finished. This is one of those meals I can throw in the crockpot and leave to do its thing. It doesn't really need stirred. I did because I couldn't leave it alone, because it smelled so good! 


 



Comments

Popular Posts