5 Layer Bars, or However Many Layers You Like!

I love making 5 layer bars. Now, a lot of people know them as the 7 Layers Bars that are on the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk cans. I don't always like all of those layers. Here's what I used in mine!


*Preheat oven to 350

Ingredients:
2 Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Bag Chocolate Chips (White Chocolate, Milk, Semi-Sweet, your choice! You a mix!)
1-3 Cups Cereal (I like the Grape Nuts type, but I've seen in done with Cheerios, too.)
1-3 Cups Oats
1 Cake Mix
2 Sticks REAL Butter
First, I take a cake pan and melt the butter in it. (Stick it in the oven until melted. DON'T BURN IT!)
Then, I mix the cake mix with the butter in the pan. After that, I spread the mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. I bake that for 15 minutes, or until it starts to look golden.
I take it out of the oven and layer on the oats first. Then, I drizzle one whole can of the Sweetened Condensed Milk on top of the oats. I spread the chocolate chips on top of that. After that step, I cover that layer with the cereal. I don't usually measure the oats or cereal. I just make sure the each have a pretty hardy layer. After that, I drizzle the second can of Sweetened Condensed Milk on top of the cereal layer, trying to get it as even as possible.
I stick the pan back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk are melted.
Let cool completely. This will solidify the layers. Cut and serve.

This recipe is pretty quick going. Some people add layers of dried coconut and nuts. (Walnuts? Pecans? Peanuts?) I don't really like those things on these bars.
My husband calls them "Nth Layer Bars," because he says the layer choices could be endless!
What are your favorite layers to add?

Comments

Popular Posts