The Elevator: Columbus, Ohio

Last weekend, I was in Columbus, Ohio for the Ohio Music Educators Association Conference.  For the second year in a row, we've eaten at the Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus. The food here is amazing!
I've learned the thing to get here is the Rock Fillet. You can get it with Mahi Tuna instead, or get both.  It also can come with a house salad, Caesar salad, or cup of soup.  I got the house salad.  It was extremely good, with blue cheese crumbles, candied walnuts, and arugula. The salad had a bit of a kick to it.  I don't know if that was from the candied walnuts, the dressing, or the fresh cracked pepper, but it was extremely tasty!  Bread was also served to us with our drinks.
They bring you the Rock, a raw piece of meat on a rock heated to 450 degrees. The meat cooks right in front of you!
The Rock Steak
I like my steak fairly well done.  The server recommended cutting it into strips and cooking them to my liking.  I did this.   
Cut into Strips
The steak cooks fairly quickly after it's cut into the strips.  It was served with three dipping sauces.  My favorite was the Pepper sauce.  The other two were a beef au ju and a Dejionaise type.  My dinner also included the mash potatoes.  They were awesome!  I had to force myself not to eat them all! 
Me with My Rock Steak
I give the Elevator 3 and a 3/4 pizza pies out of 4.  I was extremely happy with the Rock Steak!   Next year, I will probably go back and get the exact same thing.  Every one else at the table said, their food was great too!  This restaurant has a full bar and a great atmosphere.  It also has a great history behind it. It's even registered as a historic landmark.  If you are going to visit Columbus, Ohio and need a good place to, try the Elevator.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!




Comments

Popular Posts